(March 5, 2013) – We loved hosting KUPU MAUI at our Farm! The Ocean Vodka Pineapple Gazpacho was a hit. KUPU MAUI was nice enough to share the recipe with us, to share with our fans. Enjoy!
- 1 large Maui Gold Pineapple ~ wash, peel, cored and cube it into 1″ pieces
- 2 large Maui Grown Cucumbers ~ wash, peel, seed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 large Maui Onion ~ wash, peel and cut into 1″ pieces. Then saute in 1 teaspoon canola oil. Cool. Season with salt and white pepper.
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup fine panko
- 3/4 cup Ocean Vodka (or cold water)
- Salt and white pepper.
1. Put everything into a Vitamix and blend to the desired texture.
2. Serve in a chilled bowl.
3. Top with a drizzle of mint oil or chopped mint.
Maui MINT OIL
Remove mint leaves from stems, you’ll need about 1 cup. Blanch mint leaves in boiling salted water for 30 seconds to retain color. Immediately place in ice bath. Squeeze dry. Now squeeze it again. Add mint to Vitamix and drizzle 1/3 cup canola oil. Blend until smooth. Add salt. Serve mint oil drizzled on top of gazpacho. You can use basil, cilantro or be creative and try red bell pepper.
(photo credit: Kupu Maui)